Before you read this, make sure you have read our post on the lion and the gazelle! https://choices-pdp.com/are-you-a-lion-or-a-gazelle/
Are you a hunter or are you the hunted? Do you want to go through life doing the bare minimum or do you want to discover true personal success? These are my 9 tried and tested ways to truly develop true hunting instincts…
- Define what success means to you. The first step on your hunting journey has to be to establish what you want to achieve. Determine what do you want to do and how you will know you have been successful.
- Step out of your comfort zone. All the great stuff happens outside of your comfort zone! Don’t be scared to do something different, to follow your instinct. Get a hand to hold during the time when you feel vulnerable.
- Get amazing friends. Surround yourself with exceptional people that tackle their lives with a hunting mentality. Hunters love company, it provides someone to moan with or share stories of being unlucky, behaviour attracts behaviour. Break away and seek out people who will keep you on track.
- Think BIG! Don’t settle for normal or average or mediocre, settled for the best. Don’t be frightened to aim bigger than you think you are capable.
- Ignore the naysayers. People love other people to fail. FACT. Its because it gives them comfort that someone else is no better off than they are. They are happy to talk things down and dismiss ideas. Don’t be dragged into this behaviour, rise above it and prove how good you an be.
- Fail Fast, Fail Often, Fail Forward. If you are not failing you are not trying hard enough. Failure in life in inevitable. It’s not however the failure that matters, its how quickly you get back up again.
- Relentless discipline. It takes grit determination to change. It will not happen over night. If you expect it to, you will be disappointed. You must develop a drive that pushes you past the hurdles and obstacles and onward towards success.
- Start small, go big. Do not try to change everything at once. Work on one thing at a time but do it really well. Little and often is the best way.
- Watch a nature programme on big cats and see what you can learn!
It is a simple choice that any-one can make. Are the hunter or the hunted? Are you happy with your current position in the food chain? Do you thrive for something different but do not know how to find it?
The Choices Personal Development Programme is designed to help define who you are. You can be a hunter, with the right attitude and a great plan you to can reach greatness in life. To find out how you can be involved in choices either as a participant or as a service provider email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.